Rodents (Mice and Rats)
Magic Pest Management LLC has been providing rodent control for mice and rats since the early 1960s. Mice and rats have been known to damage properties and spread diseases. NYC health and building departments have been issuing violation to locations within the five boroughs; Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and the Bronx. You need the experienced team here at Magic Pest Management to resolve these issues. Example issues include burrows in street curb tree pits, around sidewalks, and construction sites. These burrows are unsightly, unsanitary, and if left unresolved, can spread into your home.
Common Rodents found in New York City include:
- Deer Mouse: Deer mice are more rural in nature. Private homes are the most vulnerable. They tend to be found in attics. Deer mice hoard nuts and damage insulation when they make their nest. Deer mice have been known to carry Hantavirus and ticks that carry Lime Disease.
- House Mouse: The house mouse is the most common rodent in human environments, found in all human structures such as private homes, office buildings, food establishments, and warehouses. Both residential and commercial environments are serviced by Magic Pest Management LLC. Mice carry various diseases such as; Hantavirus, Bubonic plague, Salmonellosis, Rat-Bite fever, and Lymphocytic Chorio-meningitis
- Norway Rat: The Norway rat is common in both rural and urban areas as well as in residential and commercial structures. They carry various diseases such as; Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome, Leptospirosis, Plague, Rat-Bite Fever, Salmonellosis
- All of these rodents also carry indirectly transmitted diseases to see the full list go to the link at the CDC list: https://www.cdc.gov/rodents/
Solving Rodent Problems:
Depending on where the rodent infestation is found, Magic has a few tools and techniques to resolve the problem.
- BurrowRx - used outdoors to eliminate burrowing rodents. Quickly and humanely exterminates rodents with carbon monoxide.
- Xcluder Mesh - used to exclude and prevent future infestations by covering the area with a Steel wool polymer mix that prevents rodents from burrowing into the ground or chewing under a door.
- Mass Trapping Techniques includes the use of glue traps, snap traps, and repeater traps to harvest most of the rodents in the area prior to using any rodenticide. The use of rodenticides is great, except you run the risk of foul odors of once rodents die in inaccessible places.
- Rodent Bait Stations are used to secure the rodenticides to prevent accidental poisonings. The bait is secured inside the stations and the stations themselves are secured in place. Sometimes the stations use snap trap to prevent companion animals from getting hurt.
Magic Pest Management provides service plans to meet your needs; weekly, bi-monthly, monthly, and seasonal pest control services. So, contact Magic Pest Management for a free estimate today at 718 961-9000. Watch for our vehicles in your neighborhood.