Dogs and Bed Bug Detection
Magic Pest Management started using dogs in 1990 (the first in New York) to locate termites within structures. Magic continues this long history by now offering Bed Bug Sniffing Dogs.
Magic services homes, condominiums, apartments, cooperative living and business units, office buildings, colleges, hotels and motels, local, state and federal buildings, nursing homes, hospitals, assisted living centers, furniture and mattress companies, cruise liners, bus companies, etc.
- Trained pest professional are only able to detect visible signs of bed bugs with an accuracy rate of about 30%.
- Bed Bugs like to hide inside walls, baseboards and under carpets. These areas are beyond the scope of a visual inspection
The Nose Knows! Bed Bug Canines are 96% accurate in the detection of bed bugs.
According to the Institute for Biological Detection Systems (IBDS) dogs have the following capabilities:
- Sensitivity: Can detect odors diluted to 500 parts per trillion.
- Discrimination: Dogs can differentiate a target vapor from non-target vapors even at relatively high concentrations of non-target odors.
- Odor Signatures: Dogs are trained to detect only one or two of the target odors most abundant vapor compounds.
- Multiple Odor Discriminations: Dogs easily learn to differentiate between ten distinct odors.
Why Use a Bed Bug Dog?
- Less Expensive
- Quicker and more accurate results
- Proven and Trusted. "Man's best friend" is used by the military and law enforcement
- Dogs are Honest
- Greater Peace of Mind. If the dog doesn't find bedbugs you're probably safe from bedbugs.